6 Convenient Locations



4720 Perkiomen Avenue
Reading, PA 19606
Phone: 610.779.2111

Fax: 610.779.8090




978 E. High Street
Pottstown, PA 19464
Phone: 610.326.3330

Fax: 610.970.9899



West Reading

734 Penn Ave
W. Reading, PA 19611
Phone: 610.372.9998
Fax: 610.372.8866




2840 Swede Road
Norristown, PA 19401
Phone: 610.292.8888
Fax: 610.292.8880




5253 New Falls Road
Levittown, PA 19056
Phone: 215.547.4433
Fax: 215.547.4434




2795 Egypt Road
Audubon, PA 19403
Phone: 610.676.0040
Fax: 610.676.0041

Title Transfers



The following is needed to complete the transfer:

For Seller:
- Original PA title
- Proof of ID (valid PA driver's license or PA Photo ID card)

For Buyer:
- Proof of ID (valid PA driver's license or PA Photo ID card)
- Proof of Insurance (must be current and match driver license address)
- Purchase price & mileage
- Registration information if transferring your license plate

Reminder: If your purchase price is less than 80% of book value, an additional form is required explaining the agreed purchase price and requires two additional notaries ($13.00).


Please bring the following to complete your transfer from another state to Pennsylvania:

- Original title
- Proof of ID (valid PA driver's license with current address)
- Proof of Insurance (must be current and match driver's license address)
- Vehicle in order to verify VIN (or a VIN tracing)

If you are currently making payments on your vehicle, please bring the following information - Name of financial institution, account number, VIN number, fax number for the title department of the financial institution. We will complete a form to request your title. Once we receive your title (approx. 2 weeks), we will call you to complete the transfer. Should the vehicle you are bringing into PA be less than 6 months old, you will need to provide a notarized statement from the dealer indicating sales tax was paid to the previous state. If sales tax paid to previous state is less than 6%, the difference will be added to your to total state fees.

Gifted out of state vehicle: Gifted out of state vehicle: we require proof that sales tax was paid when the vehicle was purchased by the parent/child of the applicant. Any other relation cannot gift into PA from out of state.

Business titles: Business titles: when a company is buying/selling a vehicle, we will do an inquiry with the Department of State to verify who is an officer with that company. If anyone other than an officer is before us to complete the title transfer we require a notarized Power of Attorney from the officer in order to complete the title transfer. If there is no officers listed with the DOS we will require either the Certificate of Organization or Articles of Incorporation with a notarized POA from whomever is listed.



Commonwealth Auto Tags can also process ATV and Snowmobile transfers. Required: Title (if originally issued) or transferable registration AND a notarized bill of sale. If ATV or Snowmobile is coming to PA from out of state and was not registered, we will require a notarized bill of sale and a VIN tracing. Pennsylvania All Terrain Vehicles and Snowmobiles require the title originally issued.


Boat transfers require a title or a transferable registration card - including name, address, and signatures of seller and buyer. If neither are obtainable you must present a notarized Bill of Sale. The Bill of Sale must state the hull number, length, weight, material the boat is made of, and the number of people it can hold.


Title Transfers

  • PA Title
  • Out Of State Titles

Driver's License

  • Renewal
  • Duplicate
  • Change of Address
  • Driving Record


  • Renewal
  • Duplicates
  • Change of Address
  • Special Fund Plates


  • Driver Suspension
  • Registration Suspension


  • Notary Seal

PennDot Forms

  • Renewals
  • Duplicates
  • Change Of Address
  • Duplicate Title
    Driving Record
    Vanity Plate
    Special Fund Plates
    Handicap Plates
    Handicap Placard